Whistleblower

Whistleblower's musings... Then some trivia. Write to me at ranjanyumnam@gmail.com

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Mike Tyson's nemesis

Here's my interview with Evander Holyfield, Boxer, on Mike Tyson and his next big fight

So, when is your next big fight?

My next fight is in Milan on 1 October 2005. But I don't know who would be my opponent till now. Presently, I am training in Texas. After the fight, I shall visit India (on October 2, 2005) to promote peace in a one of its kind peace rally.

Do you plan to become an evangelist when you quit boxing?

I don't have such plans as of now. All I can say is that I would be involved in activities to promote global peace. We need to end bloodshed and turmoil the worldover. On the personal front, I want to live a better life.

And what about Mike Tyson?

I have forgiven him a long time ago. In fact, what happened is history. I have moved on and hope he has done the same too. However, what needs a special mention is the fact that an Indian evangelist, KA Paul helped me to abandon the path of retribution.

Would you like to compete in India?

Definitely... I would love to fight with anyone anywhere, but I doubt if there is any Indian who can challenge me. If I am asked to promote boxing in India I would not be averse to it. However, I think boxing is not a popular sport in India.